Senior Data Protection Officer
A new opportunity has arisen to lead a newly formed Data Oversight team for a well-respected industry leader of financial advice, paying up to £65,000 per annum + significant benefits package dependant on experience.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Leading a team to undertake assessments within the company and external clients testing the level of adherence to data protection legislation and internal policies.
- Liaising with clients and stakeholders including member firms, third parties and regulators.
- Promotion of data protection best practice by working collaboratively with all stakeholders to ensure that client’s rights are protected.
- Providing support and development to the Data Oversight team through observations, coaching, imparting both technical and soft skills knowledge in order to promote a positive and collaborative culture both within the team, internal stakeholders and external clients.
- Designing and delivering annual assessment plans.
- Analysing MI and findings from assessments to identify common or individual risks to data protection.
- Producing reports on the findings identified through assessments and thematic reviews.
- Challenge the oversight framework and where appropriate seek to enhance and evolve.
- Experience working in the financial services industry.
- Up to date knowledge of data protection legislation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions and influence others.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Adaptability to respond to problems as they arise.
- Relevant experience of oversight and monitoring.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Practitioners Certificate in Data Protection
- CIPP/E or CIPM
- Similar qualification in risk and/or compliance