You will be joining a Global Custodian Bank to work on an EU Banking Reform Programme to support one of the following workstreams: Risk, Finance or Corporate Treasury.
Initially a 6-month contract based in London, paying up to £600 per day- this is part of a 2 year programme of work.
Main responsibilities include:
- Coordinate and manage scoping of the nominated regulations assigned to the workstream.
- Scheduling, preparing and running workshops. Recording actions, decisions and assumptions, and inputting scoping data into the traceability tool.
- Manage the gap and impact analysis of the regulations. This will include scheduling, preparing and running workshops. Recording actions, decisions and assumptions, and inputting impact data into the traceability tool.
- Plan, Record and track action to remediate any gaps in the compliance with the regulations.
- Arrange approval from the Senior Stakeholder.
- Formulate and define the scope and objectives for their allocated workstream.
- Lead planning and scope definition through to requirements development and implementation of the solution for their workstream.
- Manage issues and risks, facilitate resolution and mitigation, identify potential roadblocks and be accountable for keeping their workstream on track.
- Ensure deliverables are completed on time, within budget and with minimum defects.
- Adhere to methodologies adopted by the firm to ensure a smooth transition of project outcomes into business as usual.
- Conduct status meetings.
- Provide programme level reporting to senior staff.
Essential skills required:
- Must have expertise of Prudential Regulation Authority, Capital Risk, Market Risk and Credit Risk disciplines.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Project Management environment.
- Knowledge and experience of working within an associated functional area Risk / Finance / Corporate Treasury / Office of Recovery.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Extensive experience with internal senior level stakeholders in large complex Financial Institutions.
- Well-developed understanding of regulatory and compliance matters and a track record of delivering effective and appropriate solutions to complex regulatory requirements.
- Able to deliver accurate results to challenging timescales.
- Organised, proactive and dependable.
- Attention to detail with focus on accuracy.
- Project management qualification such as Prince 2.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or related financial industry discipline is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, MS Project), and PC proficiency in Windows-based programs.