Role: Senior Underwriter/Broker – Structured Reinsurance
Location: London (City)
Salary: Up to £160,000 + significant benefits package
Are you interested in growing a new division for a well-established global organisation? If so, this is not an opportunity to be missed!
I’m looking for a Senior Underwriter/Broker who wants to make a real difference and shape their career with a Broker in London who have seen significant growth over the last 18 months with no sign of slowing down!
The role sits in the Structuring team who provide technical support on a full range of transactions and, in the role, you will be responsible for supporting business generation activities of the team.
Whilst no two days will ever be the same, some of the work you will do will include;
- Liaise with the broker teams to market the Structured team's offering
- Represent the structured team at client meetings in order to market structured solutions and generate live opportunities
- Where appropriate opportunities are generated, create, maintain and manage a project plan in conjunction with the Structured team
- In co-operation with the team leader construct and manage a deal team in order to generate appropriate solutions to meet clients’ needs. The deal team will provide the appropriate level of data analytics, structuring and have the ability to present its conclusions
- Support the broker teams in presenting the solution to clients, gain agreement to place
- Support the broker teams in marketing and ultimately placing the agreed solution in the market
If you’re still reading (which I’m sure you are), this is the part about you…
Ideally, you will be commercially focused with;
- Experience in the Structured Reinsurance market
- Excellent interpersonal skills for establishing and maintaining good client and internal relationships
- Strong ability to prioritise workload according to volume, urgency, etc
- Strong numerical skills with a good understanding of financial metrics
- Strong ability to be organized and pay attention to detail.
- Strong ability to maintain compliance with professional standards, where applicable, as well as company-wide quality initiatives
- Strong ability to identify client needs and access and organize resources including senior management, to deliver solutions which meet or exceed client expectations.
- Strong ability to share information with other functional areas to enhance performance for the firm
- Excellent client/consultative relationship skills.
- Strong oral & written communication/ presentation skills.
This is an opportunity that isn’t to be missed. If this sounds like you or you’re just intrigued to find out more, please get in touch with me to find out more or apply now for immediate consideration.