Role: Senior Actuary – Structured Reinsurance
Location: London (City)
Salary: Up to £180,000 + significant benefits package
Are you interested in growing a new division for a well-established global organisation? If so, this is not an opportunity to be missed!
I’m looking for a Senior Actuary with 5-8 years PQE who wants to make a real difference and shape their career with a Broker in London who have seen significant growth over the last 18 months with no sign of slowing down!
The role sits in the Structuring team who act as Actuarial and Financial Model Consultants to the market, clients and brokers to assess reinsurance structures and monitor industry developments by researching and responding to requests.
Whilst no two days will ever be the same, some of the work you will do will include;
- Lead the development and presentation of new, renewal, and prospect presentations to clients and reinsurers
- Produce structured solutions and alternatives as part of the program design efforts of the Structuring team
- Renew reinsurance programs, meeting with clients /reinsurers as needed to learn their needs and maintain strong relationships
- Design new programs for clients’ needs, placing business with client-approved reinsurers
- Stay abreast of accounting, regulatory, and market developments / regulations that influence the supply and demand for structured (re)insurance solutions (e.g. Solvency II)
- Maintain contemporary knowledge of industry loss and exposure trends that impact the supply and demand for structured (re)insurance solutions while also influencing the underlying analysis of the portfolios in question.
- Model the probability distributions of the gross/ceded/net underwriting results of an insurance company client based on an actuarial analysis of frequency and severity focusing on a large losses
- Analyse how the distribution of results and relevant risk measures change as a result of application on various proposed reinsurance alternatives
- Utilise cost/benefit analysis to advise brokers and clients "optimal" reinsurance programs based on risk tolerance level
- Support the business’ efforts in market creation and other projects requiring actuarial expertise (e.g., cat exposure modelling).
If you’re still reading (which I’m sure you are), this is the part about you…
Ideally, you will be commercially focused with;
- Strong technical expertise in reinsurance, experience and exposure ratings, reserving, loss distributions, reinsurance terms and conditions, and simulation modelling; with data management, financial reinsurance, risk management, catastrophe modelling
- In-depth understanding of the product lines and the global and regional industry conditions to identify significant considerations that insurers should address in designing their programs
- Excellent interpersonal skills for establishing and maintaining good client, market and internal relationships
- Strong ability to identify client needs and access and organize resources including senior management, to deliver solutions which meet or exceed client expectations
- Broad knowledge of world reinsurance markets to comprehend range of products necessary to address insurers financial needs.
This is an opportunity that isn’t to be missed. If this sounds like you or you’re just intrigued to find out more, please get in touch with me to find out more or, apply now for immediate consideration.