Are you mathematically orientated?
Are you trying to break into the Pensions Actuarial sector?
I am working with an actuarial Trust Based Pensions team who provide a broad range of actuarial and defined benefits pension consultancy services to pension scheme trustees, scheme sponsors and other third parties. The role involves working jointly with colleagues in Actuarial and Investment and other third parties.
The role assumes prior knowledge of the UK pensions industry. Minimum of Mathematics ‘A’ level (or international equivalent) at grade A or B minimum, preferably Mathematics (or other suitable) degree at 2:1 level
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Some direct client communication via email or telephone
- Ensuring all work is carried out in accordance with company standards
- Reviewing data preparation work carried out junior colleagues, and investigating and resolving abnormalities as appropriate
- Carrying out and reviewing technical calculations relating to individual members of pension schemes for review by colleagues, e.g. early/late retirement quotations, trivial commutations, transfer values
- Carrying out and reviewing technical calculations relating to pension schemes for review by colleagues, e.g. actuarial valuations, preparation of accounting disclosures under FRS17, IAS19 and FAS87
If you have an analytical mind and enjoy crunching numbers, this will likely be up your street.