£350 per day
12 month contract
My client a leading financial services organisation is recruiting for an Interim Company Secretary at Vice President level in London for a period of 12 Months at £350 per day.
As Company Secretary, you will be part of the Office of the Corporate Secretary and help ensure various entities comply with UK statutory/regulatory/governance requirements.
The Company Secretary will also play a key role in various EMEA wide governance initiatives.
Responsibilities will include Company Secretarial work around company law and governance including annual and statutory returns. Supporting Boards & Committees by being responsible for preparing agendas, circulating board papers and preparing minutes. In addition, ensure good information flows, and provide guidance on the companies act 2006 and other corporate governance requirements. Special projects and senior stakeholder engagement will also be a key part to the role.
To be considered for this excellent role you will:
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate/engage with (and become a trusted adviser to) various stakeholders across the region.
- Highly motivated self-starter with gravitas to maintain credibility with different stakeholders.
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to write concise and accurate minutes.
- Well organised with good attention to detail.
- Comfortable managing a busy workload.
- Fully conversant with Word for Windows, Excel and PowerPoint, and other relevant technology packages
- Proven experience working with highly sensitive and confidential information.
- ICSA qualified or graduate with law degree.
- Previous experience of working in a company secretarial function within financial services, professional services or a matrixed multinational organization, or corporate law expertise gained in a law firm or an in-house environment.
- Good knowledge of corporate law/corporate governance/applicable financial regulations.