Nearly/Newly Qualified Pensions Actuary
£50,000 - £70,000
Has 2018 gone the way you had hoped?
Perhaps you are looking to move away from a "traditional" Pensions Actuarial role and have more control over your career and the variety of work you want to get involved in?
Has your progression stalled after recently qualifying?
I am working with a firm in Manchester who make a promise; which is effectively a contract between the firm and the employees that they will try their best to make themselves the best employers you will have in your career, whereas the staff will commit to try to develop and grow to add more value to the business.
These guarantees include;
- Work/Life balance
- Market leading salaries
- Fair and reasonable bonuses
- Agile working and flexible working Dress for the Day – you wear whatever clothing you deem appropriate for your diary commitments
- Career Fluidity – You find your own niche, less structured, you drive your own career by focusing on things you find interesting.
- No Pigeon-holing.
- Highly supportive and not target-orientated
- Get involved in Business Development work from an early stage
- Early client meeting exposure
- Uncluttered progression internally – one of 3-4 rather than one of 30-40
- Exceptional training – they work out with you what you want to do with your career, then identify the skills you will need to learn to get there, then provide the training as appropriate
- Flat structure – all partners sit out on the floor and people go out of their way to assist you with queries even if they are very busy
- Very mellow environment – no sharp elbows, or the need for sharp elbows
- Strong and prize-winning Mentoring and Guidance program for more junior members of staff
- Actuarial Consultancy of the year for 3 out of the last 4 years
That is quite a commitment!
Next the role; they aren't looking for an Actuary who is happy to do the norm, they want people to exceed, to get involved in Corporate/Trustee, risk transfer, governance, proposition development and new business;
- Managing the delivery of multiple projects across a portfolio of clients and responsibilities, ensuring that work is done on time, within budget, and to a high standard. Where multiple services are provided, work across all practices to ensure that the same standards are met.
- Taking on a wide-ranging portfolio of work while developing client exposure and essential business skills.
- Preparing client communications, presentations and reports and attending meetings with clients.
- Developing and maintaining a good working relationship with your clients and third parties.
- Proactively raise topical issues and new ideas with clients in conjunction with the Client Director.
- Review or check actuarial calculations. For example (but not limited to) in respect of scheme funding, company accounting work, actuarial factors and individual member calculations.
If this is a firm and role that stands out for you and you wish to understand more, apply below.