£52,000 - £55,000 + bonus & benefits
Do you want to join a global financial services organisation, who are at the cutting edge of technology and analytics? Well your new role would be a Financial Crime Applied Analytics, Senior Analyst.
This role is responsible for supporting the development and maintenance of models and methodologies for Financial Crime Risk Analytics and how risk is measured.
The major objectives of this position are to work with project leaders in the review and improvement of the existing suite of models and methodologies. In addition to support improvements to the systems and data infrastructure supporting deployment of the traded risk models, and to participate in projects aimed at aligning methodologies, governance and policies around the Group, whilst keeping abreast of regulatory requirements.
To be successful in the role you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Able to support decisions with sound reasoning and rationale and data analysis
- Awareness to keep abreast of all regulatory developments together with internal changes
- Be able to learn new skills and build knowledge quickly
- Ability to translate complex ideas into easily understandable solutions and documentation
- Work independently and with remote teams
- Capability to operate, influence and communicate effectively with stakeholders
Qualifications and experience required for the role:
- Several years proven and progressive experience in financial services data analysis and/or application development;
- Hands on experience of open source big data technology.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a numerate or computer science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience
- Proven ability to clearly articulate business and regulatory implications of analysis and findings
- Hands on data science programming experience using languages such as R, Python, Matlab or similar to analyse, transform and visualise big data;
- Experience in SQL, PL/SQL, ORACLE
- Proficiency in Open source technologies.
- Hadoop (Hive, Pig, Ambari, etc.), SPARK
- Advanced statistical methods/functions
- Experience in Google analytics, AWS
- Strong analytical skills with complex data type and format Clustering
- Data Modelling experience
- Experience in Functional programming
- Experience in any Visual Analytics tools and concepts