£50,000 - £80,000
I represent a Big 4 firm who are looking to recruit a Qualified Pensions Actuary with a difference.
Are you looking to move away from traditional Pensions Actuarial Consulting? You'll need to be comfortable being uncomfortable; if you aren’t getting enough client exposure, stagnating doing the same work, day in, day out but are thinking to yourself "this must be the same everywhere"
With this firm you can choose your own career path from day 1. The sheer variety of work can give you so much more exposure than you've been use too and help you progress so much faster than you might expect.
It couldn't be more clear.
This firm might not be right for you; they demand excellence, quality over quantity and they'll want to push you in to areas you might not have envisaged before. They will give you all the support to be where you want to be but if you are an actuarial "plodder" you need not apply.
This role will be suitable for;
- A senior experienced pensions consultants who is FIA/FFA qualified, and who has experience of leading client relationships at Board and Trustee level. In addition to proven technical and client consulting experience (including examples of leading large projects)
- Individuals are to have strong communication skills and be able to demonstrate that they can develop the people they work with in order to deliver quality work to clients and achieve their career goals.
- Act as a Scheme Actuary to defined benefit pension schemes.
- Understand a corporate client’s business and how the pension’s issues relate to their corporate strategy.
- Understand how a trustee board can meet their statutory and fiduciary objectives in the context of the scheme sponsor and the regulatory environment
- Work within a multi-disciplinary professional services firm.
- Coach less experienced staff and work closely with colleagues in multi-disciplinary client service teams
Not all Pensions Actuarial roles are the same.
Let me tell you why.