Are you an experienced Company Secretarial professional looking for an exciting new challenge? Do you currently manage a small team or looking to step up into a leadership position? Do you have knowledge or experience within the financial services industry? Then look no further!
In this contract role, initially on a 6-12 month contract, your time will be split between the office in Bournemouth, board meetings in London and some working from home. Some of your duties will include:
- Provide legal expertise and advice, to the Board and the business, on matters relating to the Companies Acts, Friendly Societies Act and other legislation
- Attend to legal drafting associated with all aspects of the Secretariat function, including the Rules of the Society and other corporate matters (for example Group restructurings, Articles of Association, terms of reference).
- Provide company secretarial advice and support to the Legal, Compliance, Risk, Finance and HR functions (amongst others) and corporate governance expertise on Group strategy and business acquisitions/disposals, including due diligence.
- Be responsible for the preparation of the agendas for such of the main LV= Board Meetings, Board Committees, Subsidiary Company Boards and Pension Scheme Trustee Board and Committees as may be required, by liaising with key parties to help maintain an effective and compliant operation and to minute all such meetings, as may be required, to a high standard.
- A minimum of 5 years Company Secretariat experience
- Financial Services knowledge/experience would be highly desirable
- Must be able to spend a minimum of 2 days per week in the Bournemouth office