This role is far from average – the combination of broad investment consulting covering all areas from manager research to asset transfers, alongside the technical modelling work – this role requires a talented multi-skilled individual. The role will be around 50% modelling and 50% consulting.
The right candidate will have:
- ALM experience and its application to strategic investment advice to DB schemes
- Broad understanding of stochastic models, including Monte Carlo simulation models
- Understanding of programming languages C# and VBA
- Experience conducting investment manager research and selection
- Confident conducting performance and risk assessment of portfolios
- The realistic prospect of becoming partner, with no buy-in, and where you will be allocated a share of the profits. In fact, this has even been achieved by some individuals before the age of 30 meaning that it really is a tangible aim.
- The firm operates as a genuine meritocracy and this is seen in the way that remuneration is directly correlated to your own performance metrics. You will have direct control over your earning potential.
- An excellent client base, with a newly won multi-billion pound scheme from one of the “big 3” consultancies. The successful candidate has the potential to be supporting the consultants servicing this scheme, giving you the opportunity to service only the most exciting work.
- Investment Consultants at this firm aren’t pigeon-holed into one area – you will gain experience in every area, including manager research and selection, transfer of assets, and assisting consultants in client advisory. This gives you a holistic view of the entire Investment process at this formative stage in your career enabling you to make an informed decision when it comes to later specialisation.
- On top of that, 30% of your time can be dedicated to your own skill development which means that you can focus on the areas you want to rather than the areas in which the firm has a deficiency at that time meaning you can take direct control of your own career.
If you’re ready for your career to be taken to the next level, then click the apply button and send me your CV – I’ll be in touch for a bespoke consultation.