We are recruiting for an Operational Risk Consultant on behalf of our client who are a prestigious, very well-known financial services business. The role has arisen due to growth and they are looking for a confident, experienced individual that is seeking to work in a fun, busy environment.
This role presents a great opportunity for the role holder to get exposure of a wide variety of interaction across the function, creating opportunities to build or further your career.
Role: Operational Risk Consultant
Salary: £34,000 - £37200 per annum + benefits; annual performance related bonus and pay review, pension scheme and 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell an additional 5 days
Location: Preferably York, however if you are a candidate who is ticking all the boxes but based slightly out of this area then they will consider
Duties of the role:
- Working with other departments to facilitate risk and control documentation and assessment through workshops and coaching
- Work with teams across the group in understanding and implementing the 2017 business standard changes and directly supporting the implementation of these
- Support in building and operating simple processes, oversight activities and demonstrate that controls are sufficiently well designed and operating effectively to keep the risks that they mitigate within tolerance
- Work with relevant teams to develop an approach and deliver learning solutions to enable others to understand their governance accountability's and have the skills to enable them to fulfil this responsibility
- You will need to demonstrate experience in a governance and control environment, ideally with understanding of Risk Management Framework (IMMMR)
- Understanding of the Integrated Assurance methodology
- Ability to work in a changing environment as there are different locations where teams are based that you will be required to travel to from time to time
- Ability to simplify the complex