Do you want to work for one of the fastest growing pension consultancy in the UK? Are you an experienced pension fund accountant?
BWD have recently received a mandate to recruit for a Pension Fund Accountant for a brilliant business based in Berkshire. You'll be responsible for every aspect on the completion of the Trustee Report and Accounts, enabling the firm to build the best possible relationships with clients and auditors. Their Pension Fund Accounting team is a critical part of their consultancy service.
On a day to day basis you'll be responsible for:
- Preparing pension scheme Trustee Reports & Accounts
- Reconciling Investment transactions
- Preparing all of the necessary working papers & reconciliations of the financial statements
- Liaising with auditors and investment managers
- Preparing self-assessment tax returns (SA970)
- Reconciling cash books and pensioner payrolls
- Updating and reviewing procedures and templates used by the team
- Reviewing other team members work
- Providing expert advice to pension accounts queries, keeping abreast of technical and legislative developments within the pension accounts industry whilst ensuring all company policies and procedures are followed.
To be considered for this role you must have a proven accounting background gained either within an accounting practice, or within a third party pensions provider - experienced will need to include a broad knowledge of accounting techniques including reconciliation, year-end process and the like. You'll ideally have PFA background however this is desirable. You'll be proficient and comfortable in the use of Microsoft Excel to an advanced level, experience of Profund Aviary would be an advantage however you will be provided with training and development to get you up to speed. It is a necessary requirement for you to be ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified, however people who are "qualified by experience" will also be considered too.
If you have a background in Pension Fund Accounting and would like to hear more, click apply and a member of the Pension & Benefits team will be in contact to speak further.