Do you want to be a part of one of the fastest growing pensions firms in the UK?
BWD have recently been given a mandate to recruit for a Finance Reconciliation Specialist in Berkshire.
The firm we are working with are one of the largest pensions businesses in the UK. They have in excess of 1000 schemes across the business, accounting for over 500,000 scheme members. Due to expansion within the business, they are setting up a new team of Finance Reconciliation Specialists. You'll be responsible for a portfolio of clients' pension scheme reconciliations and be accountable for their reporting activities. The team you'll be joining is a critical part of their consultancy offering.
On a day to day basis you'll be involved with:
- Completing daily bank reconciliations to capture all monies received accordingly.
- Investigating any unreconciled monies until resolution
- Investing monies in (transfers in and contributions) within SLA.
- Preparing all the necessary reconciliations for inclusion in the financial statements.
- Liaising with administrators and investment managers.
- Reconciling units and cash for all investment movements via a global reconciliation.
- Updating and reviewing procedures and templates used by the team.
- Reviewing other team members work.
- Keeping abreast of technical and legislative developments within the industry, and ensuring all company policies and working procedures are implemented and adhered to
You'll have a proven accounting/reconciliation background, either within a third-party administrator or an accounting practise, previous experience of reconciling cash and units is absolutely essential, as is proficiency within the Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel where you will be required to perform V-Lookups, Macros, Pivot Tables etc. You'll also be comfortable dealing with large spreadsheets of data.
In return you'll be joining a reputable, growing firm at an exciting point in their time line. You'll have access to their learning and development initiatives, allowing you to progress your career with a market leader in this space. If you're interested in hearing more about this role click apply, and a member of the Pension & Benefits team at BWD will be in touch.