An extremely professional yet also fun and family orientated IFA business situated on the outskirts of Manchester require a Compliance Manager on either a full time or part time basis. The role (to an extent) can be scoped and shaped around the right individuals skill set and circumstances.
You will support the SM16 and wider business with compliance, regulatory interpretation, business quality standards and possibly T&C. You will be a trusted and credible right hand person is required to work closely with the Board so that they can focus their time on providing support to their client base. This role will work in partnership with the SM16 to ensure that all core compliance and potentially supervisory requirements are covered and the business is de-risked appropriately and that all business is conducted within its tolerated appetite for risk and in a way that promotes positive consumer outcomes at all times.
Some key areas of accountability will be as follows:
· Horizon scanning – keeping up to date with regulatory updates, disseminating the FCA info and how it may impact the business
· Proposing, scoping, developing and implementing any changes that may be required around policy, processes and reporting
· Helping to further shape and develop robust policies and procedures ensuing fit for purpose and align with the risk appetite and business model
· Work in partnership with the advisers, Board, SM16, Paraplanners/support staff and the external compliance consultancy firm
· T&C – observations, minuting review meetings, overseeing development logs and credits for ongoing CPD – potential for removing this all together from CF10
· Conducting 121’s and supervision meetings if this is required – explorer coaching, promoting best practice and modeling positive behaviours
· Identifying short falls and agreeing action plans and remedial points with follow up and resolution – follow through with relevant next steps if any ongoing issues/problems in partnership with SM16/The Board
· File review/quality assurance – both post and pre-approval on occasion – developing templates and refining if necessary with risk rated periodic file reviews and spot checks
· Assessing MI, trends etc., root cause analysis, compliance monitoring
· Board level reporting across adviser activity on a regular basis – flagging any issues and how this can be managed
· Supporting with regulatory reporting to the FCA/GABRIEL reporting etc.
· Ad-hoc project work when required – supporting stakeholders and this may not always sit within core compliance – e.g. supporting Board on projects
You will have the following qualifications, experience and competencies:
- Qualified to Diploma as a minimum ideally with a pensions qualification such as AF3, AF7 etc.
- Broad based compliance experience across an IFA setting - ideally within a DA or Network environment
- Experience of policy, quality assurance, monitoring, reporting and audit
- T&C supervisory experience would be advantageous but isn't essential
- Up to date knowledge of the advice process , the handbook and FCA requirements
- A pragmatic and balanced approach to providing compliance support
- Well rounded communication skills across a variety of stakeholders - both internal and external