Pensions Governance & Risk Manager
Strong Basic + Bonus, Excellent Pension & Benefits Package
Working within the in-house pensions team of this prestigious and world-famous business, this is an exciting and important role for anyone from an occupational pensions background who has a strong interest in Governance and Scheme Secretarial work.
One of the real joys of working in-house is that your entire role is member-focused, without KPIs and the daily work churn often found within a TPA role.
Working alongside the Scheme Secretary, you will be responsible for the governance of the two largest pensions committees for these multi-Billion funds, and assisting in managing the key decision-making of these committees. Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Drawing up and managing the agenda
- Taking detailed minutes
- Advising on governance and legislative issues, especially in the context of new guidance/legislation
- Assisting with technical matters around leavers, ill-health’s, early retirements, etc
- Undertaking special projects within the Risk and Governance team
- Liaison with Committee members and third-party advisors
In return, you will receive a strong basic salary, bonus, an excellent pension scheme, and a broad/unique benefits package that is acknowledged to be one of the best available in the market.
This role could suit individuals from a variety of backgrounds, including (but not exclusively):
- Another in-house governance role
- A Scheme secretarial role, or a role that encompasses this alongside other responsibilities
- A Team Leader or Pensions Manager who is looking for a more technical role without the man-management responsibilities
- A Pensions Consultant with a governance / more technical bias
- An assistant Company Secretary role
The key for any individual is that they have strong UK Defined Benefit Pensions knowledge/experience, a thirst to work first and foremost in the best interests of scheme members, and the ambition to shine within an organisation with a strong track record of internal promotions and long service.