£75,000 - £85,000 Basic + bonus & benefits.
Are you a qualified lawyer with significant experience relating to payments law, specifically PSD, PSR, DGSD, FRT and CBPR? Do you work for a law firm or financial institution? Would you like to change your role and work for a well-regarded international bank, which gives you a platform to develop your skills and challenge yourself in a collaborative environment?
Your new role would be a challenging permanent opening as SVP, Legal Counsel – Banking Payments based in Manchester.
You will be in an SVP level role with a focus on advising on payments related law such as PSD, PSR, DGSD, FTR and CBPR. In addition you will advise on other payments related elements such as clearing, correspondent banking, document negotiation and SLA’s.
In order to qualify for this excellent opportunity, you will be a qualified lawyer (5+ years PQE) with a legal background in a banking institution related to banking payments and cash systems. Other requirements include:
- Working knowledge of cash clearing systems
- Knowledge of applicable local and EU law and regulation regarding fund transfers, deposits, and other related cash management offerings
- Ideally experience with international banking and capital markets
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills
- Strong organisation skills
- Experience in balancing commercial flexibility and risk management