Internal Audit, Vice President - Liquidity and Capital - Manchester
£50,000 - £55,000 Basic + bonus & benefits
My client a leading banking organisation is seeking a VP level Internal Audit position to join their team focussed on Liquidity Risk and Capital Management.
This role is suited to a current auditor with exeprince in Capital or liquidity, however the client will consider an SME in Capital or liquidity looking to move into audit.
- Participate in prudential risk and other audit reviews in the area of risk, treasury and finance from inception to completion.
- Lead smaller audit engagements with increasing responsibilities over time.
- Identify meaningful issues impacting business and operations under review, challenging management to ensure appropriate remedial action has been taken to address the issues identified.
- Maintain global subject matter expertise regarding liquidity and/or capital management, including best practices, key control processes, regulatory requirements and their application to the Company.
- Provide liquidity and/or capital management specific direction and support to audit management and the audit team in general by advising on necessary training and providing support for any regulatory requests.
Experience and knowledge
- 4-8 years relevant experience in in audit/ consulting with specific experience in liquidity and/or capital management (Basel, SREP, ICAAP, ILAAP, RRP); or experience in a risk or treasury function, with interest in moving into the third line.
- Proven track record of managing and delivering risk based projects.
- Good knowledge of the financial services industry and its regulations and laws.
- Knowledgeable on good governance practices.