The role includes producing quotations for individual and group life/health reinsurance business, providing technical actuarial expertise on existing treaties and well as more general pricing research work.
- Preparing quotations for individual and group reinsurance business, including basis-setting, obtaining sign off and production of premium rates.
- Conducting of experience analysis investigations for quotation purposes.
- Undertaking research to set general pricing bases (Terms of Trade).
- Giving risk management input to product and process design.
- Client interaction and resolving technical issues for clients.
- Giving presentations at seminars and writing technical articles.
- We are looking for a qualified actuary
- Proven experience in an insurance or reinsurance environment in roles involving any of pricing, product development product and/or protection insurance
- Pricing experience specifically in UK or Irish individual and group protection products is desirable
- Excellent skills in statistical and financial modelling
- Excellent risk management and commercial awareness
- Proficient user of MS Excel and MS Access.
- Coding skills in VBA, SQL, R or other statistical coding environments is desirable.