You will be working in the Reporting team and will have the opportunity to rotate into other teams at c.18-24 month intervals to build experience of a broad range of actuarial roles.
You will be expected to study toward the actuarial exams and support will be provided with this role.
The role will largely focus on the following:
- Assist in the production and analysis of regular actuarial reports including for UK GAAP, US GAAP and EV
- Monitor the quality of data used in the valuation and facilitate the resolution process
- Assist in the analysing and reporting to management on the movements in embedded value of the business and the recommended actions to maximise value
- Assist in the monitoring and analysing of the profitability of new business to advise on changes required to pricing to meet profitability targets
- Assist in the development of model office capabilities, in particular for new products and regulatory developments – this may include making and testing changes to models, stress testing new assumptions and providing a clear audit trail of work
- Provide support in report writing for Board, Senior Leadership Team, Technical Steering Committee and Model Control Committee meetings
- Assist the Reporting Actuary in monitoring and understanding the implications of developments in UK GAAP, US GAAP and EV reporting
- Provide support for year-end and interim audits
- Support the wider Actuarial team as and when required
You will be trained to use Mo.Net, SQL, Oracle data warehouse and other tools as appropriate.