Legal Counsel – Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A), Senior Vice President, London
£100,000 - £115,000 Basic + bonus & benefits.
Are you a qualified lawyer with significant experience relating to M&A in financial services? Do you work for a highly regarded law firm in this arena? Would you like to change your role and work for a well-regarded financial services organisation, which gives you a platform to develop your skills and challenge yourself in a collaborative environment?
Your new role would be a challenging permanent opening as Legal Counsel - Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A). Based in London.
You will be 4 – 7 years PQE and providing hand on support around acquisitions, disposals, reorganisations and strategic initiatives, including assisting with the initial structuring of transactions, assisting the business with the preparation of term sheets and steps plan. In additional you will assist with the drafting and negotiation of transaction agreements, providing transactional legal advice, project support and direction, including by identifying potential impediments to project completion and the identification and implementation of mitigating actions.
In order to qualify for this excellent opportunity, you will be a qualified lawyer 4-7 years PQE from a well-regarded law school and law firm, or financial institution with a focus on M&A. Other requirements include:
- Law degree from a respected law school and be qualified as a solicitor, or foreign equivalent.
- Robust and extensive experience advising on corporate transactions (in particular M&A) from a recognised firm with a well-recognised corporate transactional practice.
- Experience in driving projects to completion
- Experience of frequent interactions with senior business leaders
- Degree Educated
- Excellent influencing and diplomacy skills