If the idea of working on projects appeals to you, but joining a consultancy, doesn't, this could be the role for you.
Working for an established life re-insurer, you will become part of the wider actuarial team, supporting the business across a range of projects, with the stability of a permanent role.
There is a whole range of projects for you to get involved with, from IFRS 17 implementation to USGAAP targeted improvements and process improvement initiatives.
This is more of a leadership role than a standard actuary role - you'll get the chance to provide technical input into each of your projects, as well as managing the overall delivery of the project to ensure the wider team is doing what it needs to.
Your role will include:
- technical input into a range of Reporting projects
- understanding systems and processes and suggesting improvements
- flag any potential issues that are likely to delay or affect project delivery
- ownership of projects
You will need to:
- be a qualified actuary
- be comfortable in using MoSes, Excel and Word
- bring knowledge of Economic Capital, Solvency II, IFRS17 and US GAAP