Company Secretary – 6 Month Contract
Paying £300 per day, London
A 6 month contract opportunity has arisen to work within a global Financial Services organisation. Our client is looking to appoint a Company Secretary to work within the Legal department.
As a part of this role you will ensure that UK legal entities and their committees comply with UK statutory, regulatory and governance requirements.
Main responsibilities include:
- Advising senior stakeholders, directors, committee members and functional leads on a variety of company law, regulatory and governance issues
- Monitor changes in legislation and regulations to ensure the company is compliant
- Filing of annual returns, financial statements and statutory returns
- Assisting in reviewing, negotiating and approving for execution documentation such as powers of attorney and letters of representation
- Organising and being responsible for Board and Committee meetings, supporting the Chairman and the CEO in ensuring the Board and its Committees function efficiently and effectively
- Providing guidance, and being a strategic adviser, to the directors and management on the Companies Act 2006
- ICSA qualified or graduate with law degree or other comparable qualification
- Previous experience of working in a company secretarial function within financial services, professional services or a matrixed multinational organisation, or corporate law expertise gained in a law firm or an in-house environment
- Good knowledge of Company Law, corporate governance and financial regulations