If so, this may well be the opportunity for you, as one of the UK’s leading providers of Compliance and Regulatory advice is looking to appoint a Lead Research & Technical Analyst. You will work in partnership with the existing Research team based in Manchester to further enhance their support services across product portfolios, technical support, business standards guidelines, provider guidelines, regulatory bulletins and updates etc.
Your core duties and responsibilities would be as follows:
- Working in partnership with the Research team to devise, implement and maintain an effective suite of streamlined research tools, user and “how to” guides, risk updates and bulletins, categorised product offerings, ongoing panel management
- Providing bespoke research and technical support to clients on a 121 basis as and when required
- Producing risk MI and reporting with a view to evolving products, regulatory updates reporting, controls and measures
- Working in conjunction with the wider business to promote adherence to internal processes, portfolios and policies whilst also being aware of current and emerging FCA requirements that may impact the business
- Liaising with providers and working closely with relationship managers
- As Lead Consultant take ownership of work flow across the team and lead on wider projects
You will ideally have the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of the advice industry including advice processes, research tools, products, funds, investment solutions and platforms
- Proven experience of providing research and technical support within a financial planning environment
- QCF Level 4 as a minimum, any progression towards chartered status would be advantageous, but is not essential
- Current and thorough knowledge of the UK’s regulatory requirements and FCA handbook within an advisory setting including DFM and Investment Management
- Analytical with the ability to disseminate complex information, drawing out salient points and making it suitable and accessible for relevant audience
- Skilled communicator with the ability to influence and challenge in a positive and engaging manner
- Competent with FS back office, fund research tools and reporting systems and the Microsoft suite of products e.g. Word & Excel
If all things technical and research push your buttons then this role should strike a chord with you!!
You will enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package including generous holiday allowance, free parking and that elusive non-contributory pension.