Role: Head of Actuarial – Life - Consulting
Location: London (City)
Salary: up to £220,000 + significant benefits package
Are you interested in growing a new division for a well-established organisation? If so, this is not an opportunity to be missed!
I’m looking for a Senior Actuary with 10+ years PQE who wants to make a real difference and shape their career with a Consultancy in London who have seen significant growth over the last 3 years with no sign of slowing down!
The role sits in within the senior leadership team and requires someone who has proven experience across a number of disciplines such as; Reporting, Capital Management, and ideally some Chief Actuary responsibilities with strong leadership along the way. The role itself has a significant revenue generation focus and naturally will appeal to many but the key here is to find someone who has the ability to formulate and implement strategic growth plans across the business.
Whilst no two days will ever be the same, some of the work you will do will include;
- Taking ownership for growing the revenue of the Life practice to support its income and profitability targets
- Maintain and strengthening existing client relationships, and also cultivating new business relationships
- Being responsible for delivery of client engagements
- Producing thought leadership material for the Life practice, and promoting this through relevant channels, including social media and others
- Speaking at external industry conferences, client seminars and being a key contributor for the firm
- Provide mentoring and training (both via internal training sessions and on-the-job training) to others in the company
- Taking on people manager responsibilities, as appropriate, for others in the Life practice
- Strengthening the links between the Life practice and other related areas within the firm to maximise the firms brand internally and externally
If you’re still reading (which I’m sure you are), this is the part about you…
Ideally, you will be a recognised industry leader with;
- UK life practising certificates – Chief Actuary and/or With-Profits Actuary
- Experience of fulfilling regulated actuarial roles and, supporting high-profile projects, across several areas such as; Restructuring, Investment ALM, Capital Raising, Capital Optimisation and Transfers all in a Solvency II environment
- A strong network of senior contacts across the Insurance market with a proven ability to leverage this and to grow revenue in the areas of Restructuring and Regulatory Reporting
- Solid experience of leading the delivery of large and complex projects, ideally in a consulting environment
- Experience of leading, coaching, developing and hiring teams
- Board-level experience of presenting to senior stakeholders and at industry conferences
If this sounds like you or you’re just intrigued to find out more, please get in touch with me to find out more and apply now for immediate consideration.