In this role you will be supporting the Pension Fund Accounting team, providing a reliable, high standard of pension fund accounting services to a portfolio of defined benefit, defined contribution and hybrid pension schemes with intricate scheme and investment structures.
To stand out from the crowd, you should possess the following
- Strong pension fund accounting technical knowledge and understanding, including complex, segregated investment structures.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Strong MS office skills.
- Very strong numeracy skills.
- Very strong literacy skills.
- Preparation of accounts to trial balance/draft stage, through audit and to final accounts sign-off – in accordance with the latest SORP guidelines, and using CaseWare accounts production software.
- Liaising with and maintaining effective professional relationships with third parties including consultants, actuaries, investment managers and auditors to meet agreed service standards and timetable target dates.
- Reconciliation of investment information received from investment managers and investment custodians.
- Analyse and post cash book, bank account, pension payroll and other financial information.
- Agree and process journals and amendments resulting from the audit process and in liaison with trustees and consultants.
- Attendance at Trustee and/or client meetings.
- Attending internal and external meetings to provide technical support and guidance on related client administration issues.
- Keeping up to date with technical and scheme changes.
- Supporting the Treasury and Accounts Manager.